January 2021 Lockdown Update
Business as usual!
In response to the latest government announcement of a third nationwide lockdown starting from the 5th January 2021, Reston Waste Management Limited are pleased to announce that we will be operating as normal for as long as there is customer demand for our services.
At the moment we are estimating the impact of this third lockdown to be less severe than the previous lockdowns, however, we are continuously monitoring the situation and should anything change we will respond appropriately.
The health and safety of our staff and customers is our highest priority and we have implemented a number of measures to reduce the risk of exposure. We have advised all employees to follow the measures recommended by UK public health agencies and also measures we feel to be appropriate to the situation.
These measures include (but aren’t limited to):
- Frequently washing hands by using alcohol-based hand sanitiser or soap and water.
- Covering the mouth and nose with elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing and ensuring the tissue is thrown away immediately and hands are washed.
- Anyone showing symptoms such as a fever, cough, feeling unwell or suspects they may have the infection will be asked to avoid contact with others and contact NHS services immediately.
- COVID-secure signatures on all WTNs and paperwork.
- Where possible all staff must keep a minimum of 2 metres distance at all times or wear a face covering if this isn’t possible.
- Increased sanitation of all areas within our sites including staff desks, lorries and frequently touched surfaces etc.
We urge all customers and suppliers to avoid visiting our head office and conduct meetings online where possible. If a visit is deemed entirely necessary, temperature checks will be undertaken prior to entry to site and the above must be followed.
Here at Reston Waste we would like to thank you for your continued support and business through these difficult times. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your waste management needs. We will be continuously monitoring the situation and if anything changes we will issue an update to all our customers and suppliers.
From all the staff here at Reston Waste Management we hope you stay safe and well.