About Reston Waste
Reston Waste is a family run business which has been operating in London since 1998. Renowned as London’s top waste management service, we have a taskforce of 37 waste collection vehicles all under 3 years old, fitted with the latest real-time tracking system to allow reliable scheduled appointments.
Situated in a prime location in Wimbledon South West London, we offer sustainable waste management solutions to our customers ranging from skip hire to wait and load, roll on roll offs, grabs, tippers and rubbish clearance services.
With 100% of all our waste recycled, we work closely with our customers to make sure their environmental impact and removal costs are kept to a minimum. For a fast, efficient service, call one of our experts for advice. We guarantee friendly and welcoming staff who make every effort to ensure your experience with Reston Waste is satisfactory.
- To provide necessary information, instruction, training and supervision.
- To provide and maintain plant and equipment and ensure working practices that are safe and without risk to health.
- To ensure the correct use, handling, and transport of substances and articles at work that are safe and without risk to health.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health.
- To maintain safe and healthy work conditions.
- To provide a working environment that is safe and without risk to health together with suitable welfare.
- To enable these duties to be carried out, it is our intent to ensure that responsibilities for health and safety matters are effectively assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels within the organisation.
- Each employee will be given such information, instruction and training as it is necessary to enable the safe performance of work activities.
Reston Waste Management is registered and licensed by the Environment Agency. Waste Carriers Registration Number TNE/376953
Please view our licence:
Do not use a company that is not registered with the Environment Agency. Make sure you are given a DUTY OF CARE waste transfer note when your rubbish is removed. Make sure they are fully insured.
For further information visit: www.environment-agency.co.uk
Health and Safety
Reston Waste Management Ltd is committed to achieving the highest standards throughout its business activities, including the management of health & safety.
The management of Reston Waste Management Ltd recognise the importance of safe working practices and will comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act, etc, 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002, the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (amended 2002), the Lifting Codes of Practice, and other applicable legislation to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of their employees and others effected by their activities and will so far as is reasonably practicable:
All employees are required to co-operate with Reston Waste Management Ltd to enable all statutory duties to be complied with. The successful implementation of this policy requires total commitment from all levels of employee.
Each individual has a legal obligation to take reasonable care for his or her own health and safety and for the safety of others who may be affected by his or her tacts or omissions.
Reston Waste Management Ltd will ensure that all processes and systems of work are designed to take account of health and safety and are properly supervised at all times.
It is a statutory duty and a requirement for all managers to ensure that everything reasonable and practical is undertaken to prevent personal injury and to maintain a safe and healthy place of work.
Full details of the organisations, arrangements and procedures for health & safety are set out in documents that are made available to all employees.
In accordance with the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 competent persons will be appointed to assist Reston Waste Management Ltd in meeting its statutory duties, including where appropriate, specialists from outside or other organisations.
This policy will be regularly monitored to ensure that objectives are achieved. It will also be reviewed and, if necessary, revised in the light of legislative or organisational changes.
Name: Andrew Reston (Director)
Dated: 13th January 2010
Review Date: 5th January 2011